Guess who’s not cooking all week because she has to cook on Thursday!?!? This girl. So, it’s smoothies and egg sandwiches for dinner until Thursday. Also, I spent like a bazillion hours at the grocery store yesterday just getting things for Thursday, so there’s no way I’m going back. Ain’t nobody got time for that, as they say.
I do have my Thanksgiving menu all planned out. I’m following this New York Times article, just to make sure I don’t forget anything:
- Turkey: to be provided by DR-Mom
- Cranberry sauce: canned, because it’s my favorite!! Maybe this one if I have time/energy (read: not happening)
- Stuffing: Wild rice stuffing with caramelized onions and apples, obvs
- Something orange: Rosemary mashed sweet potatoes with shallots
- Green and snappy vegetables: Brussels sprouts with walnut and grapes, from last year!
- Pie: to be provided by DR-Dad, (read: store-bought!)
- Etc: Kale salad and whole wheat rolls
Until then, let’s make something that doesn’t involve a dozen burn marks up my arms from the oven racks.
Pumpkin Pie Smoothie, serves 1, adapted from Dr. Lipman’s newsletter
-1 1/4 cup milk of choice (I used unsweetened coconut)
-1/2 cup canned pumpkin
-about 1/4 of an avocado
-1 T protein powder of choice (I used Sunwarrior vanilla)
-2 medjool dates
-1 T flax seeds (use 1 T ground flax seeds if you don’t have a high speed blender)
-1 t molasses
Pour into a glass and top with a little extra cinnamon and nutmeg for garnish.