Smoothie I’m loving now

I’m a smoothie girl.

I have one just about every morning for breakfast, unless I’m running late (in which case I skip the smoothie and snack constantly until about 11:30am when I finally give up and go to lunch). My usual morning smoothie involves almond milk, Vega Vanilla Chai, chia seeds, spinach and banana. This is great in the morning, but sometimes a girl needs a milkshake for dinner.

When this girl needs a milkshake for dinner once in a blue moon a week, I love:

1 c unsweetened vanilla almond milk
1 t unsweetened cocoa powder (I like Green & Black’s)
1 T honey
1 ripe banana
1 scoop Sun Warrior
1/5 block of tofu (silken if you can get it, if not, firm will do)
a few chocolate chips!

_MG_2788.jpg

Since I gave up added sweets for Lent (ugh – how many days left?!) I have been substituting the honey for an extra half of a banana and the chocolate chips for raw cacao nibs. Not quite the same, but I think I heard someone sing once that you can’t always get what you want ๐Ÿ™‚
_MG_2800.jpg

Blend everything together and garnish with a few chocolate chips or cacao nibs. Dinner is served!

_MG_2808.jpg

Advertisements
Tagged ,

10 thoughts on “Smoothie I’m loving now

1. jessica says:

Was it Craig that sang “You Cant Always Get What You Want”? I heard that too many times in my teenage years…but your smoothie looks just like what I want and more. Good luck lasting and fasting through lent.

2. johanna says:

I mean, I want this in mass quantities. Delic! But I don’t have any of those healthy things in my fridge. You should write a post about what essential things you always keep in the fridge and where we can purchase them.

3. Rhys says:

My kind of girl! I will be trying this very soon! Yum!!!!

4. […] I usually have this in my fridge to make my version of a chocolate milkshake!! Its a nice protein boost for smoothies and I use it for desserts or stir fry occasionally. I […]

5. Ali says:

I just saw a jar in your post and I love it, I try to consume liquids exclusively out of jars now, I can’t describe it, but somehow everything tastes better!! I am a big smoothie fan as well, but the whole blender thing is such a pain in the butt. What kind of blender do you have, do you use a hand blender, how do you make it not a super pain to use?? My go to smoothie – one contained Fage 0% yogurt, frozen mangos from trader joes, some sugar or agave syrup or splenda, and a little water – it’s pretty tasty!

Can’t wait to try your smoothie recipe!!

• Molly says:

I COMPLETELY agree on the jars. Everything just tastes better – especially refreshing drinks like lemonade ๐Ÿ™‚
      We have a Cuisinart blender, and honestly I can’t believe it has lasted this long. I use it almost every day, so it pretty much just stays out on the counter. I guess that’s why its not a pain to use – I just hand wash it after I use it and keep it on the counter.
      Definitely need to pick up frozen mangoes from trader joes – those sound life changing for a smoothie-lover!!!

6. ling says:

i made your morning smoothie today- but with drinkable yogurt. i think i’d like it better with a milk-esque product…but i love it nonetheless! super filling and yummy! oh and JM and I love drinking out of jars! but ours are just leftover jars from our peanut butter addiction:0

7. […] 4. Do you have bananas? Milk? How about some version of this smoothie? […]